Thursday, June 20, 2013

High On Summertime

 "Summertime is finally here-
That old ballpark, man, is back in gear,
out on 49, man I can see the lights.

School's out and the nights roll in,
man, just like a long lost friend,
You ain't seen in a while, I can't help but smile.

And it's two bare feet on the dashboard, young love and an ol' Ford, cheap shades and a tattoo and a Yoo-Hoo bottle on the floorboard.

Perfect song on the radio, sing along 'cause it's one we know-
It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine, it's summertime! Sweet summertime."
-Kenny Chesney.

Whenever Oregon decides to have more summerlike weather, you can bet that I will have my butt outside, runnin round, having a blast trying to start and finish my summertime "to do" list.

On my agenda, I have included all the things that I, Babygirl and the Roomie want to do.

For instance, Babygirl would love to go to the park and eat ice cream, go to the beach and play in the water and go to the farmer's markets. [Simple enough, right?]

The Roomie would love to go on her dad's boat and spend days in the sun at the lake, go to baseball games, beach trips with bonfires, and all the things I myself would like to do.

Now, with THAT being said, here is my list: I would love to take Babygirl to the park, beach and farmer's markets. Thats a done deal, no questions asked. We WILL be doing that. However, I am also adding the lake trips, baseball games, bonfires/fire pits in the backyard, camping, floating the river, getting tattoos, throwing Babygirl and my neice's 5th double birthday bash, American Graffiti, St. Paul Rodeo, the fair and a concert or two to the list.

All this WILL be getting done, no if's and's or but's. Beach/lake trips, baseball games, farmer's market and camping and a big birthday party are easy-peasy so I have no doubt in my mind we will be doing them.

I really want to attempt getting to go floating, go to the fair (to see my man Kip Moore in concert, of course lol), go to the rodeo to celebrate my favorite holiday, the Fourth of July. Nothin says "Happy Birthday America" like a damn good rodeo and I also want to get a couple more tattoo's to this canvas called a body lol. Its actually really theraputic for me and its just something I want to do for myself.

"My body is my journal. My tattoo's are my story." -Johnny Depp.
 
I didnt get to do a whole lot last summer. I worked all summer long and my days off were in the middle of the week, stupid retail. I worked for Fred Meyer and I was always closing. Frustrating and it made it hard to be able to do anything fun during the summer with friends and family...
 
I missed out on our annual family camping trip in the Deschutes forest. I missed out on family barbeques. I missed floating the river. I missed the rodeo. I missed the fair... I missed literally EVERYTHING.
 
I missed all the fun functions but what I didnt miss out on were the two people who ever meant the entire world to me when I got home. I would come home and they would be laying down in their beds, waiting up for Mommy to come home. They'd always welcome me with hugs and kisses and excitement that I was home. It made it all worth it... Knowing that someone was waiting up for me and glad that I was home to be with them means more than they will ever know. I miss that.
 
I missed alot last summer and it sucked until I came home to my loving, happy home. I dont want to miss out on anything this summer. I dont want to have someone else taking Babygirl to all these fun things and I have to miss out on them. I have a better, non-retail, set scheduled, big people job now. I want to be there with my little one and our pup when we do all these fun things and I will be. You dont know how much that excites me. I am literally... STOKED!
 

I have big plans and I will post as each one gets completed off my list. I definately look forward to this summer and spending it with the ones I love most.

Here's to Summer 2013!

#Summer2013 #SweetSummertime #SummerLovin #HighOnSummertime <3

No comments:

Post a Comment