Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Here Comes Tiffany Jean!

I met Miss Tiffany Jean [TJ] forever and a day ago, 12 years ago to be exact, in our oh so boring marketing class. I was a freshman starting out my 4 years of high school and she was a sophomore. We instantly became friends and we have a lot in common. Personalities, style, traits…

Christmas Eve 2011
We were best buds, who constantly hung out. We did all the things typical high school kids do, hang out at Starbucks, go to each others house, leave school campus to get McDonald’s in her 2003 Mazda Protégé hatch blaring “Disco Inferno” by 50 Cent through her Bose speakers… Classic.

We constantly kept in touch after she graduated high school and moved on to Oregon State University to further “edumacate” herself, which- if you know TJ, that’s no small task! [LOL, totally kidding, she’s actually really very smart.] We talked all the time through AOL Instant Messaging and in those days, we used MySpace.
Playing Monsters, 2012

When I was pregnant with Chi Chi, she was always with me, coming to visit. She helped me feed my cravings, helped me choose things for baby’s room and when I couldn’t reach my toes anymore, she would massage my “cankles” and then paint my toes for me. So amazing to have a friend who does that, trust me!
After I had Chi Chi, she was always there, playing and loving her, helping take care of her, building a bond with her. Malia adored her “Tinny” and Tinny would spoil her.

A few years after spending so much time with us, TJ told broke the news to us that she would be moving to South Carolina with her family. Her dad had accepted a job position and the position required them to move. So away she went, 3,000 miles away, leaving the house that built her, her friends, and Chi Chi and I behind her.

Craig Morgan Concert, 2011
Soon after she had moved, she surprised us saying she was coming back to Oregon to finish her schooling at Oregon State. YAY! She moved back and did her schooling then moved up to Hillsboro. She was staying with her friend, but after awhile, it took its toll on her and her friend’s family, so I offered her to stay a couple days with Chi Chi and I. What was supposed to be “a couple days” turned into a permanent housing arrangement but then we needed to get a bigger apartment because Chi Chi and I only had a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment and TJ needed her own room with her own privacy. We got a new apartment and ended up living 3 years together, until she moved back to Carolina in January 2013. [More on that issue later].

Anyways, we haven’t seen her for a year and a half, and she is coming to Oregon for a wedding and a week long vacation. She and I have been literally talking up a storm, making plans for when she gets here and have been counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds til she leaves Carolina. I’m excited to see her and I know Chi Chi will be happy to see her too. Our whole relationship with TJ has been via text message and Snapchat. It will be so nice to get to hang out with her again like old times and see her in person.

Leave Carolina on your jet plane Tinny, and we will be here in Oregon to welcome you home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment