Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dirt

This song really takes me home- I literally cry every time I've heard it and have constantly had it on repeat. This song really hit me- hit me harder than Jason Aldean's "Water Tower." The irony of it though, is that the first time I heard it, I was in the truck drivin up back roads to the barn to feed the horses, already thinkin about my small, outskirts of town, home... in Winston.

"You get your hands in it and plant your roots in it." My roots were planted and will never be dug up. So many sights, sounds, smells... They all come to mind and can't help but miss memories of being out in Tenmile, playin in the old, beat up pile of junk car that smelt of rust and mud next to a blackberry bush. Riding horses with my aunt in pastures kickin up dust practicing for rodeos. Swimming in the catfish ponds and up Little River with mud in between my toes. Swinging on the tire swing, feeling the breeze blow through my hair. Watching my daddy roll "Big CAT" tractors through the mud on a test drive after spending all day workin on it. Standin in mud and puddles while target shooting my bow... There's countless memories that only I will remember every detail of forever and this song truly helps me remember and never forget the place I come from...
 
"Makes you wanna build a 10 percent down, white picket fence house on this Dirt."


#Truth #Home #Cry #Dirt #GotMyHandsInIt #GotMyRootsPlantedInIt #LooksSoGoodThatItHurts #TheOnlyHomeForMe #WhereMyHeartIs #MissIt #TheClayIGrewUpOn #PlowedUpGround #BackWhereIComeFrom #IWannaGoBack #DouglasCounty #Winston  #Roseburg #Tenmile #CamasValley #SmallTown #SouthernOregon #IKnowICameFromIt #SomedayIllReturnToIt  #MyTrueLove #FloridaGeorgiaLine #DirtCampaign

No comments:

Post a Comment