Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Don't You Know You're Beautiful?

I swore up and down I would never do this but here it is... 

Completely BARE, impurities and imperfections and all. 

There are a lot of scars, cuts that healed and so many aging sun spots that hide underneath the makeup I wear daily. So I had a change of heart. I really wanted young girls and baby girls that look up to me so much to know that your beauty is not in the makeup mask you wear everyday. 

Real beauty comes from within and vanity can be a really terrible thing at times. I can only hope to teach my little girl and nieces and cousins that they are loved without makeup, and so far, I'm doing a damn good job at it. I am far from perfect but I know exactly who I am and what I have to offer and I can proudly say that because I AM comfortable in my own skin to do so. 


To all the girls who think they aren't pretty, just remember how much beauty is within your heart and no one can take that away from you. And that is what makes you beautiful.

I've had problems with acne and scaring for so long, it's taken me a long time to get my skin to clear up. I have two huge scars on my eyebrows where I cut my head open when I was a child. It makes them look really uneven at times. It was a bad memory so that's why I fill them in. I'm not scared to go out and about without my makeup by any means, but makeup is an interest of mine. I've always been into art and creating pretty things and even though I think a bare face is more attractive, I've always thought of makeup is an art, where i can create a different painting on my blank canvas every morning. 

I'm kind of like Miss Dolly Parton. I just liking making things and people pretty. I also believe with all my heart that makeup should enhance your beauty, not make it. I just want girls everywhere to know that just because we as a society are so hell bent on being pretty, skinny, etc., it's not all glitz and glamour. The reality is, is that each girl is beautiful in her own way - its society that's ugly, and the reason why is because they give females an image that young women spend their lives trying to fit with. A smile is the best makeup a woman can ever wear, but it's always fun to doll up and make yourself edgy, feisty and gorgeous at the same time. 

The Lord made me hard to handle, so loving me might be a long shot gamble, but I damn sure wanna feel pretty while I'm doin it. Makeup or not, skinny or not, I just think all women are gorgeous and I want to give them all the strength and empowerment to love themselves. So this ones for the girls! 

xoxoxo! -S.

No comments:

Post a Comment