Thursday, January 28, 2016

Someday

Well its been years, and there's so much to tell, been doing alright in spite of myself. Just wish I could stop feeling mad when I pray - but I know I'm gonna get there someday.

Got that job I was dreaming about, sometimes it's tough traveling around. But who I wanna be still seems so far away - but I know I'm gonna get there someday.

Glad I told you, all I meant to, while I had the chance, cause every moment that I had with you, made me who I am.

By the way, I met someone new, and wouldn't you know, he's a whole lot like you. Still I ain't ready to settle down in one place - but I know I'm gonna get there someday.

Well I guess I'll be moving on, I'll just leave these roses by your stone. And Grandpa, I still miss you everyday - but I know I'm gonna get there someday.

When that'll be, guess only God can say - but I know I'm gonna get there someday.

And when I get where I'm going, on the far side of the sky - the first thing that I'm gonna do, is spread my wings and fly.I'm gonna land beside a lion, and run my fingers through his mane, or I might find out what its like to ride a drop of rain.

Cause when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears. I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years. I will leave my heart wide open, I will love and have no fear - when I get where I'm going, don't cry for me down here.

I'm gonna walk with my Granddaddy, and he'll match me step for step - And I'll tell him how I missed him every minute since he left, and then I'll hug his neck.

When I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears. I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years, I will leave my heart wide open, I will love and have no fear - when I get where I'm going, don't cry for me down here - and that's when I get where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment