Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Grandmother, My Angel

Even though I can't touch your face, I still feel you with me everyday and 
I wish you could see all my dreams coming true. When I get lost, I close my eyes - 
I feel you shining down so bright, I feel you shining down on me. 

You were like my mother, you were my best friend. You were everything I want to be and all the good inside of me, there's never been. Never been another that loved me like you did - 
My grandmother, my angel.

Today would have been your birthday and I miss you so much, more than you'll ever know. It never gets easier, only harder - and how I hated it when the mail stopped coming for you, how your scent started to disappear, or how I could no longer hear the whisper of your voice with the chiming of your rosary in your hands as you prayed. 

I dream of you every night and I know that in heart of hearts, I will see you again someday. 
Until then, I will always carry you with me. 

Don't ever forget how much I love you, Tina.

Happy 91st Birthday.


xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment