Friday, February 3, 2017

Take Me Home, Country Roads

John Denver once sang. "Country roads, take me home/ To the place I belong/ West Virginia, mountain mama/ Take me home, country roads."

I am excited to announce, that a country road is taking me home. A new home that I will call my own. That cute Country Boy I get to share my life with and I are merging our two homes into one. That's right. We have decided to move in together and get our lives with each other and as parents to Baby Girl started.

I am over the moon about this, as is my Baby Girl, because it has been a long time coming. We've lived with Nanna and Papa for the last four years and in a way, I'm proud to say, it was also the only time I've ever moved back home to Mom and Dad's. 

I  moved out of Mom and Dad's place literally four days after my high school graduation and had lived away from home ever since. That was from age 18 to age 25 that I was in my own place. I was on my own and had an unexpected layoff in my professional life that caused me to be unable to renew a lease and move back home to my folk's house.

After moving back home, the ultimate goal was to move back out again, with money in savings and all bills/debts paid off. Now that would require a j-o-b, right? Well, unfortunately, it took me about 8 months to find work and all the gigs I could land were temp jobs. Just when I thought I could make money to pay debts because I received job offers, I would accept - only to have them tell me 3 weeks after hiring me that they decided to make it a 90 temp job. It was like another job crashed and burned and was like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street.

I worked dead end jobs for 2 out of the 4 years I was living with my parents. I wasn't making enough money to pay off debt and most importantly, save money to get back to where I was prior to moving in.

All that changed when I started looking for more professionally. I was working another craptastic job that I was getting burnt out on and not making money to pay even monthly expenses with. I decided I was going to start looking for more because this ol' world had to have something better and worth having for not only myself, but for my daughter. 

I landed my current gig that I was over the moon about getting... Working for Acura. I've always been a car person and its always been something I love spending my time with. Mechanics, detail, selling, financing... Everything. The car business is something I always wanted to damper in and it just fell out of the sky and landed in my life one March day. (For more about my career and what it means to me, please read my entry from 2015: A Year In Review).

So since landing my job with Acura and since I was living with my parent's, I was able to pay off a lot more debt over time and start getting expenses broken down to just the necessities and no luxuries. I am so proud to say that I paid off 95% of my debt and only have monthly expenses - so now I was finally able to just see what options were. 

While waiting to see what those options were, time was flying by at the same time. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months dating my hunny and we decided that maybe since enough time as past that we've spent together, perhaps maybe it meant that we could merge our homes into one. Realistically, it made sense because I was now financially ready, and he was coming out to see Baby Girl and I almost every other to every day so, we were both just ready. 

Well, the big moving day is tomorrow! Like, holy hell, people! Its already here! We toured a few places to reside on Sunday, January 22, 2017 all including the opinions, thoughts and feelings of Baby Girl. She voiced her feelings on every place we looked at and if she really saw her and our little family living there or not.

When it came time to decide where we should apply to, her opinions, thoughts and feelings were graciously considered and we made our decision. We applied that January Sunday night around 8:30 PM after our Baby Girl went to bed and by the time I got to work the next morning at 9 AM, our leasing agent was calling to tell me the great news. 

Moving day is TOMORROW. As of tomorrow, February 04, 2017 - We will be moving out of Nanna and Papa's and into our own home. Its very bittersweet in Baby Girl and my life to be leaving but we are also excited to start new chapters with our special man in our lives.

This is officially Chapter 3 in our relationship. In case you need a refresher, Chapter One was dating. Chapter Two was officiating our relationship lol. Another chapter being written in our love story. 

To everyone who have love and supported us over the last 4 years, especially my parents, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts and we couldn't be any more blessed than we are right now.

xoxoxo,
-s 

No comments:

Post a Comment