Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Almost Heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River

Well life is old here, older than the trees - Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze.

Country roads took me home, to the place that I belong. I've made a home for myself, my country boy and my little girl. We all survived our first month in our new place - physically, mentally, emotionally and financially! Whoop!

Our first month was full of unpacking and getting things in cupboards, decorations on the walls, etc. Country Boy and I pulled an all nighter our first night in the place and got the living room, dining room, kitchen, master bedroom and bathrooms all set up. Never again will that happen! No rest was gained and I had a migraine all weekend long from moving out of Mom and Dad's then into our own place and continuously unpacking.

We celebrated our first holiday 10 days later and got each other Valentine's. A few weeks later, Country Boy and I celebrated Christmas all over again as we finally got to go to the Blake Shelton Stickin It to Country Concert. I had bought him tickets for Christmas that costed me a bunch but we got the stage side experience.

A few weeks later I ventured into a purchase that changed my life. The beautiful, blonde wife of one of my managers at work has a business in a product called Lipsense. Well, months prior, she had added me into her Facebook group to follow her business and order products. Well I never tried the product or made an order until one day she had a color that I couldn't let get away. I said "What the hell, I'll order that!"

I ordered, received and tried. HOLY AMAZEBALLS! I couldn't not love this product more. I loved it so much that I hosted an online party with the beautiful blonde and I successfully sold a bunch of products. Most importantly, I had the best time doing it! It was so fun and so easy to share something so fun and great that I wanted to spread the love.

I spread the love so much that I can happily say that I am my own business owner of my own Lipsense business entitled Luscious Lips by Samantha Leigh. I've been at it for two months now and even had my first event last week! It was super fun!

Well, with extra funds coming in to pay bills, the Country Boy and I have gotten things we have had on our bucket lists. We have added wheels and tires, suspension and exhaust to our vehicles (because we are the biggest car mod kinda people we love projects). We have gotten the things we've wanted for our home, we have gone on fun little adventures with the little one to my hometown and done what we like when it so suits us.

I must say, its nice to not have to "beg, steal or borrow" lol. Its the greatest accomplishment to be able to have a gorgeous and healthy little girl that keeps me going to be the best woman and mommy to her in the world all tucked in her bed and dreaming away while I lay in mine with a damn good man by my side that I get to call mine everyday when I wake up that loves me more than words can say is the greatest joy. Love going to sleep every night with all my blessings counted and my heart so full.

I have the best family I could ever ask for and a nice house to go home to at the end of a busy day, and a good car that gets me from Point A to Point B.

My country roads that took me home to where I really belong and I thank God for that daily.  

xoxoxo,
-s

No comments:

Post a Comment